Our Education Research Committee is Recruiting
The Interim Chair of the Education Research Committee, Dr Alison Ledger, would like to bring to your attention vacancies that have arisen on the ERC.
There are 3 places available on the committee from 1st June 2021 for a period of 3 years, with an opportunity to be re-elected for a second term thereafter.
These positions are open to any individual member of ASME who wishes to self-nominate. We are looking for people who:
- are research enthusiasts who wish to develop medical education research and its communities
- have time to commit to the ERC and actively work on the ERC agenda by developing, designing and delivering on key strategies
We particularly welcome applicants from diverse and under-represented backgrounds.
The time commitment for this role varies significantly across the year, clustered around two key events (ASME Annual Scholarship Meeting (ASM) in July and Researching Medical Education (RME) Conference in November). It is anticipated that you would be able to put aside up to 6 hours per month, excluding attendance at meetings.
Your application should consist of a personal statement of no more than 600 words including:
- evidence of your commitment to medical education research and its development within your own region or nationally
- details of your own academic background including any education research qualifications, publications etc.
- details of your area of interest within medical education research
- a short statement supporting your application detailing what you would bring/add to the ERC Committee.
International applications will be considered, particularly if the applicants are willing to work electronically on assessing grants etc. Attendance for international members at the ERC meeting of the ASM would be encouraged. UK members of the ERC are expected to attend all meetings, with a minimum commitment of three meetings per year as well as the Researching Medical Education conference. It is anticipated that the majority of ERC meetings will remain online over the next 12 months.
When submitting your statement, please put ERC Self Nomination 2021 in the email subject. We anticipate that nominees who are shortlisted will be interviewed in the week commencing May 24th, 2021. If shortlisted, the interview will be your chance to share your particular interests in roles such as education research development, new and early career researcher support, review of research awards, or co-ordination of ERC events.
Details of the work of the ERC, can be found on the dedicated pages of the ASME website - https://www.asme.org.uk/erc
Dr Alison Ledger
Education Research Committee; ASME
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.