ASME is an independent, non-statutory organisation, run by healthcare educationalists for all individuals and organisations who participate in, and are responsible for, the delivery of medical education, training and continuing professional development. ASME can influence policy in medical education and training through established links with decision-making bodies such as the General Medical Council, National Association of Clinical Tutors, COPMeD and the Department of Health and Social Care.
Institutional Members of ASME have access to benefits and services such as information, advice and contacts in medical education, provided by the Association. ASME values the fundamental support Institutional members provide in devising overall policy. Institutional and Individual Members have interests in undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing medical education, across all healthcare specialities.
Institutional Membership currently costs £599 per annum.
To see a full list of institutional members please click HERE
Benefits of Membership
- Electronic access to the journal Medical Education, the monthly journal of ASME. The journal provides a unique forum for the documentation and transmission of problems, innovations and progress in different countries in medical education. It is a link between the large number of bodies and individuals involved in medical education throughout the world and is essential reading for those who are moulding and developing medical education
- Electronic access to our bi-monthly journal The Clinical Teacher
- Your membership also entitles you to name 2 further members of your staff to receive online access to the journals
- Receipt of regular mailings containing details of forthcoming courses and conferences along with information on current ASME publications
- Staff employed by Institutional Member institutions may submit summaries of research papers for the ASME Annual Scholarship Meeting, and selected papers are published on the ASME website, and they may also apply for some of our awards, grants and prizes.
- Upon joining, UK based Institutions will receive one copy of our textbooks Understanding Medical Education and Researching Medical Education
- Institutions can post job vacancies on the ASME vacancies page.
- Institutions can advertise their upcoming events on the non-ASME event web page.
- Institutions are given a login to the ASME website to view our videos, order textbooks at reduced rates and view members content
- Staff and Students from an institutional member can submit blog articles for our website. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
- Special Rates Available! Undergraduate members (JASME) from member institutions will be entitled to a discounted individual membership rate - currently £15 per annum per person (compared to £34). Students on a Widening Participation enrolment may also be entitled to a free membership.
- Discounts are available on registration fees for an unlimited number of representatives of the institution at ASME conferences (excluding JASME conference).
- Discounts are available on all ASME publications such as Understanding Medical Education and Researching Medical Education when purchasing from ASME.
Cancellation policy for new institutional memberships: Notice needs to be given in writing within 28 days of joining. A refund will be given minus a £50 administration fee. After the 28 day notice period, no partial refunds will be given for memberships cancelled before expiration. Cancellation requests must be emailed to email@example.com
Cancellation policy for institutional membership part way through a membership year:
Within 6 months of subscription year starting – 50% refund less £50 admin fee
After 6 months of subscription year starting – no refund